Job Summary And Mission
At Starbucks, our mission is to inspire and nurture the human spirit – one person, one cup, and one neighborhood at a time. Starbucks Technologists work to achieve this mission through the use of cutting-edge technology delivered to our partners, customers, stores, roasters, and global communities.
This job contributes to Starbucks success by engineering front-end web and mobile applications in support of corporate and retail partners. The role will contribute to making and supporting key decisions on various levels of technology aspects in application engineering including prototyping, technical requirement gathering, coding, debugging, and monitoring standards.
Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
- Consumer Goods
- Food & Beverages
- Information Technology
Summary Of Key Responsibilities
- Collaborates with team members to recommend new software technologies and engineering processes
- Designs, develops, implements, documents, and tests changes to an application subsystem. Codes, tests, debugs, documents, and implements software applications that deliver high quality and meet user expectations. Supports system and integration testing activities. Initiates design reviews for new applications and adheres to engineering standards.
- Drives technical requirements by working closely with analysts, translating business requirements and functional designs into technical designs.
- Resolves and helps mitigate production application issues and works with other business and technology teams to support resolution of end-user inquiries. Contributes to the documentation of production support processes. Anticipates long term support issues and plans for corrective actions. Performs root cause analysis to identify permanent resolutions to software or business process issues.
- Working with application engineer leads, establishes, maintains and ensures compliance with standards for engineering, testing and documentation.
- Ability to establish cross-functional, collaborative relationships with business and technology partners
- Ensures application and infrastructure architectural solutions are stable, secure, and compliant with Company standards and practices
Education (minimum education level, degree or certification necessary):
- 1-4 years of professional industry experience with software development
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
Skills (minimum skills required):
- 3+ years of experience with web and mobile development in hybrid and native environments
- Experience in NPM, Webpack
- Experience with developing in continuous integration environment
- Familiar with one or more database technologies
- Experience in application performance profiling, tuning, and debugging
- Experience in leading and driving automated UI unit test and code coverage
- Experience with working on various platforms including Linux/Unix
- Knowledge and experience in SDLC including SCRUM agile processes
- Self-driven, proactive, demonstrates initiative, and strong problem solver
- Ability to accurately estimate design and development timelines for application components
- Strong interpersonal skills including excellent communication and the ability to collaborate and work well with others
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 206-318-0660 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org